Halloween sneak peek and last minute costume ideas
This post was supposed to go out last week, and be a tiny bit less last minute on the “last minute Halloween costumes”, but unfortunately we had a tragic and devastating mass shooting in our big little state last week, and well, schedules and priorities changed. While we are still reeling from the losses and the terror we have never experienced before so close to home, it is time to begin the process of moving forward.
Halloween at the Kirby’s
And with that, Halloween is tomorrow. Halloween is Crawford’s favorite holiday because it combines his two favorite things: Candy and Costumes! Crawford chooses his costumes based on which one has the best weapon, and so with complete randomness and unaware of even what he is being (when asked, he has no clue), he will be a Medieval Warrior this year, and he’s in it for the sword. Lennon came up with an idea way back over the summer that she wanted to be what she calls an “old professor”, aka an elderly man. She has really leaned into it, and her bestie even volunteered to be her “elderly wife”. I think this one is going to be one for the senior slideshow someday!!
My costume involves a pink jumpsuit that I already owned (some of you have been asking about it when I wore it in an Insta story recently…!), and here’s your sneak peak at the rest:
Any guesses?! Send me a message on Instagram with your best guess!
Last Minute Costume Ideas
So, you haven’t been planning your costume since August like Lennon and don’t feel like a day before Halloween Spirit Halloween trip?! Can’t say I blame you. Here are some super easy Halloween Costumes you can probably pull off just by what you have around the house!
- Chef from The Bear: All you need is a blue apron (although, let’s be serious, any apron will do), and a white t-shirt. Boom, nailed it, easy!
- Ghosted: This may be more applicable for the single folks out there, but it would be a super easy DIY.
- Karate Kid: For the kiddos, chances are you or a neighbor have an old (or current!) karate Gi lying around!
- Sports Hero: Another kiddo last minute costume, just have them put on their soccer uniform and call it good!
- Juice Box: For you or them, this juice box DIY is so easy, and good for any age!