We got a lot of stuff done during the 47 days of January 😉 Scroll along to follow along.
We celebrated our eldest’s 9th birthday on January first. This birthday of hers got me thinking a lot about her being halfway to 18, and how we now have as many years ahead as we have had so far, before she most likely flies the coop. And before I go grab the tissues (again), that’s all I have to say about that!
After the birthday celebrations we dove right into ski season, with both kids doing a racing program at our “home” mountain. This means we are in Rangeley every weekend, so that’s pretty much all that we’ve been up to on the home front! We have also had some time on long drives to think about our own home renovation project, which we have decided to put off for a year. After thinking about the new space we would be getting, and the money we would be putting in, we felt like it wasn’t right. Instead we are going to save for another year, and do an even bigger project in 2025! Stay tuned in the coming months for updates on that.
If you’ve been following along on Instagram you know that we moved into a studio space in the beginning of December, and revealed our new digs in January. We have been absolutely loving having this new space, and can’t wait to start sharing it with our clients! We are thinking about hosting some events here, and would love your input! What events do you think would be fun to attend? Some off the top of our head are obviously Moms Night Out and an open house, but what else!!?? Any specifics?
January also meant we said goodbye to one of our clients, wrapping up Surf Road Project No. 15 after almost a year of working together. This project ended up by being SUCH a transformation, and we are really proud of how it turned out. If you. haven’t yet, be sure to check out the full reveal HERE.
I finished Book 2 of the A Court of Thornes + Roses series, A Court of Mist + Fury, and started book 3, which I am about to finish, A Court of Wings + Ruin. I will definitely be finishing the series, next reading A Court of Frost + Starlight in February. If you haven’t started them yet, DO IT! They are really good. The first book took almost 2/3 of it to get into, but once you’re there, I promise you’ll be hooked! I have been listening to the books on Audible, but with February vacation coming up I think I might read the 4th one the old fashioned way…on a kindle 😉
Check out our whole book club line up below, and let me know if you are reading along with me!
Of course no monthly recap would be complete without our favorite links of the month. These are the ones we BOTH loved, the ones I bought and you clicked and bought too! But in case you missed any of them, or want to keep shopping my faves, they are all here for you in one spot.
- Striped Halter 1-Piece Swimsuit: You’ll see me wearing this over February break in St. John this year!
- Bevin Dining Table: Our “desk” at the Surf Road Studio, a TOTAL pain in the @$$ to assemble, admittedly, but worth it. I love the color and it’s super stable, and really really wide, which is awesome for a craft table, desk or even your dining room.
- Ehlers Decorative Plate: Lives on my mantel at home and is amazing for changing out decor season to season. Put artichokes in it for spring, dried sunflowers for summer, pumpkins for fall and ornaments come winter. This makes decorating your mantel EASY, and we all love that.
- Clover Stool, featured in our Surf Road Project No. 15 living room. Love that this brings in a pop of color and provides extra seating in a pinch!
- Ultra Parka: My new go-to coat, warm, stylish and inexpensive as far as parkas go! I even got the same one for Crawford for xmas this year (which is now on clearance!! and he loves it!)