Is this for real!? It legit feels like I was writing the August recap yesterday. Needless to say, this month has FLOWN by. Where do I even begin?! The kids started school this month, Lennon going into 3rd grade and Crawford into 1st. The have both had a great start to the year, but I think I have said we are “over scheduled” at least a dozen times this month. Between cross country, swimming, soccer, gymnastics and flag football, we have something every night of the week just about! I can’t even imagine next year when Crawford can also do travel soccer! And there are no signs of slowing down with ski season just around the corner. I’m not complaining, it’s been SO fun to watch the kids get super engaged in their activities, but it’s just a lot 🙂
This month we also did a TON of purchasing for 2 Bethel projects, both of which we installed in the last week. These Bethel Airbnbs are fast, furious and so much fun. We are really getting to stretch our designer wings, and do things we wouldn’t otherwise get to do in a project that is someone’s primary home. We say keep ’em comin!
At the end of the month we had the Cape Elizabeth Kitchen Tour. People came from all over Southern Maine to tour a handful of kitchens in Cape, and mine was one of them! It was a crazy busy day, standing and chatting with over 400 people in my house for 6 hours straights, but people were so sweet and we definitely drummed up some good business for Surf Road from it!
October’s Book Club Pick
Stacy and I also read The Housemaid’s Secret this month, and will be giving our review next week on Instagram! This month for the Surf Road Book Club we will be reading I’m Glad My Mom Died, a memoir by Jennette McCurdy. I hope you will read along with us!
Your Favorite Links This Month
September means back to school, sprucing up Fall wardrobes and home accents and of course, Thanksgiving and Halloween! Be sure to check out my Thanksgiving/Fall tablescape in this post: HERE, and shop your favorite links from the month of September by clicking any pic below!
- We’re all feeling cozy and snuggly in our Mini Uggs this month, you bought, I bought, and if you haven’t bought yet, do it here!
- We’re saying goodby to that natural summer glow, but replacing it with the most perfect artificial one by my favorite, Merit Skincare. We all loved us some Merit Highlighting Balm this month
- I’m not the only one gearing up for ski season! More than a few of us stocked up on Coffee Table books this month, including this one all about the “stylish” life of skiing.
- What’s the easiest way to switch up your home decor for the changing season? New pillows! You loved these floral ones from Pottery Barn.
- These black Chinese lantern stems are such a timeless way to lean in to Halloween, and we all stocked up this month!